Period: 5 March to 31 August 2018
Remuneration: On a voluntary basis
Project/Department(s): Fundraising and Administration
Working hours: Monday to Friday (8:30am to 4pm) and Saturday (8:30am to noon)
Office address: YUVA Head Office, Level 2, Jade Court, Jummah Mosque Street, Port Louis 11602, Mauritius
Award: A formal letter of appraisal will be granted to you upon the successful completion of the internship.
Essential Job Duties/Scope of Work:
The Resource Development Team is responsible for the back-office support of all fundraising activities in Resource Development (RD) in the areas of gift processing, record maintenance, fulfilment, data analysis, database management, prospect development, and compliance. The Resource Development creates efficiency by supporting backend needs across channels, innovates new solutions for overcoming obstacles, and strikes for its timeliness, scalability and data-driven culture.
- Learn about fundraising donor database management through receiving training and executing donor biographical data entry, email sign-up, address change, returned mails, and data quality control routine and cleansing tasks.
- Learn about fundraising back-office donor stewardship processes through receiving training and assisting in the execution of gift receipts and acknowledgements, maintaining both electronic and hardcopy file system of all gift and donors.
- Learn how to assist in the execution of in-house mass mailing.
- Gain experience in fundraising events through working with the Executive Director on event collateral production and storage, event RSVP and attendance tracking, and participation in events.
- Learn how to do regular query and report generation through assisting the Data Analyst. Provide input to using data trend to improve both fundraising and operations efficiency.
- Provide input to operations process improvement, and learn how to assist Resource Development in project planning and execution.
- Implement all the above-mentioned tasks after undergoing the learning process.
- Excellent organizational skills and superb attention to detail a must.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Interested in data management a plus.
- Excellent time management skills.
- A commitment to YUVA’s mission and vision.
- A keen interest in learning backend functions of fundraising activities.
- A keen interest in learning the inner workings of a growing non-profit.
All candidates must be willing to follow instructions, policies and procedures.